What tools do I need?
- Level or string to validate the flatness of your subfloor
- Moisture test kit for concrete subfloor
- Power saw recommended with carbide tips (laminate surface is very hard)
- Jigsaw may be needed for difficult cuts
- Speed square for marking cut lines
- Tape measure
- A laminate install kit is recommended for tapping block and spacers
- Caulk gun to apply sealant in expansion gaps near water sources
For laminate moldings & trim these additional items are required:
- Power or manual Philips head screwdriver for transition installation
- Hammer or nailer for quarter round / wall base installation
Before installing your flooring, please make note of the following:
- Underlayment is required if not pre-attached (with attached underlayment).
- Vapor barrier or moisturebloc is required over all concrete subfloors.
- Laminate Installation Kit is a helpful installation tool for laminate flooring.
- Don't forget 4-in-1 Transition Moldings for doorways, sliding doors or transitions to hard surface or carpet floors!
- Stair nose or bull nose trim for drop down transitions.
- Quarter round or wall base for final trim at perimeter.
Please click on any of the following links for Installation Guides:
For Engineered Hardwood Guide, click here.
For LVT Click Guide, click here.
For Sheet Vinyl, click here.
For Laminated Wood Guide, click here.
For 4 in 1 kit, click here.