What tools do I need?
- Level or string to validate the flatness of your subfloor
- Moisture test kit for concrete subfloor
- Power saw recommended with carbide tips (laminate surface is very hard)
- Jigsaw may be needed for difficult cuts
- Speed square for marking cut lines
- Tape measure
- A laminate install kit is recommended for tapping block and spacers
- Caulk gun to apply sealant in expansion gaps near water sources
For laminate moldings & trim these additional items are required:
- Power or manual Philips head screwdriver for transition installation
- Hammer or nailer for quarter round / wall base installation
Before installing your flooring, please make note of the following:
- Underlayment is required if not pre-attached (with attached underlayment).
- Vapor barrier or moisturebloc is required over all concrete subfloors.
- Laminate Installation Kit is a helpful installation tool for laminate flooring.
- Don't forget 4-in-1 Transition Moldings for doorways, sliding doors or transitions to hard surface or carpet floors!
- Stair nose or bull nose trim for drop down transitions.
- Quarter round or wall base for final trim at perimeter.
Please click on any of the following links for Installation Guides:
For Engineered Hardwood Guide, click here.
For LVT Click Guide, click here.
For Sheet Vinyl, click here.
For Laminated Wood Guide, click here.
Looking for more answers? Please refer to our FAQ or Contact page.